This article contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.recommended drafting table for artists is the Futura Advanced from Studio Designs.
If you are pursuing more of your art, or want to be inspired by working with artistic material this table will be a great tool for you.
Designed with artists in mind, Studio Designs Futura Advanced drafting table is beautifully made with a contemporary style, making it a piece of art itself. The table comes with a glass side shelf that is collapsible.
You can install the side shelf on either side of the table. The side shelf remains flat while you tilt up the main work surface made of tempered blue safety glass.
The drafting table measures 52 inches wide, 24 inches deep, and 30.5 inches high while the glass side shelf is 11 inches wide and 24 inches deep. The main work surface is 36 inches wide and 24 inches deep.
What makes the work surface sturdy is the side shelf. What makes the drafting table durable is the heavy gauge steel material.
While you are working on your art, you don’t have to worry about comfort. You can tilt the main work surface at an angle of up to 35 degrees.
If you want to raise the tabletop, you can do so easily just by lifting it up from the rear. You can lock the tabletop in place through a scissor hinge with a ratchet-style lock.
This drafting table also functions as a tracing table. To do so add a light source under the glass work surface. Whether or not your flooring is even, you can make the work surface even, thanks to the four-floor levelers.
Also, this drafting table is compatible with parallel bars that are up to 36 inches long. The table does not come with bars.
What comes with the drafting table is a three-drawer storage unit. You can store bulky supplies in the drawers, which are detachable and made of plastic. Your tools will not roll away because of the slide-up pencil ledge, which measures 24 inches.
There are two styles of detachable side trays included in the drafting table. These are two pencil trays and two art trays.
Use the pencil trays to hold small supplies. Each of the trays is 12 inches long, 2.5 inches wide, and 1.375 inches deep.
For your art supplies, each of the art trays has a large compartment that is 4.5 inches long, 2.125 inches wide, and 1.375inches deep. The tray also has two large circles with a 2.25-inch diameter and 1.375-inch depth and six small pencil holes with a 0.375-inch diameter and 1.375-inch depth.
Features of the Studio Designs Futura Advanced Drafting Table
- The drafting table comes with a collapsible glass side shelf.
- The drafting table has a storage unit with three detachable plastic drawers.
- It has two detachable art trays.
- It has two detachable pencil trays.
- Its frame has smooth rectangular tubing.
- Its worktop surface is a tempered safety glass (blue).
- The angle of its top can be adjusted up to 35 degrees.
- It has four floor
- This drafting table looks great.
- You can use it in many different ways.
- It is very sturdy.
- It is well-designed.
- Its blue-tinted glass emphasizes its excellent aesthetics.
- Its body is lightweight but durable.
- You can turn it into a tracing table just by adding a light source underneath the glass top.
- It has an efficient size.
- Its storage space is good.
- The drop-down side table is handy because you can apply it to either side of the desk.
- The aluminum support legs’ lines look very nice.
- It is easy to put together.
- The elevation of the work surface works great.
- The top easily raises and lowers to the height that you want.
- It is a great tool for painting because you can easily wipe away paints and markers from the glass top.
- This drafting table is a little expensive.
There is a reason why Studio Designs is one of the trusted names in the field of art furniture and accessories. Since 2000, it has been producing top-notch products such as the Futura Advanced drafting table.
This is not one of the most affordable tables out there but it is definitely an important tool that every artist should have. It is multi-functional and it can last for years, so it is worth the money.
This drafting table is excellent both in aesthetics and functionality. Its top-notch design features beautiful aluminum support legs and blue-tinted glass.
With its glass top, this drafting table is great for painters. It helps you take your drafting experience to a higher level without worrying about comfort.
The body of this drafting table is lightweight but you can rely on its durability. The table is also small so you can put it in the office or in your workstation at home without it taking up too much space.